A lot has been happening in the last couple of months, not the least of which is that Startup Freak now has a home on Steam and the trailer above. You can now also pre-order the game on itch.io which gives you access to all Beta and full releases, and a steam key when it becomes available there.
Tons of new features and assets have also made their way into the game. Here are some of the new things you can expect in Beta 0.2.0:
- You can now build tests for you product, similar to performance and security features. Tests reduce the occurrence of bugs in adjacent tech components.
- There is now a new Office and Supplies task (operations) which the player needs to level up to unlock offices and furniture.
- Market Research Report is greatly enhanced and has a lot more useful information.
- Increased the total number of random events to 30.
- Added 25 new furniture/office items.
- Added 2 new offices.
- Added a title/main menu screen.
- Added UI sound effects.
- You can now change job candidate names.
- Many more improvements, balancing, and bug fixes.
Here are some tests in action:
And here are some of the office items you can expect to grace your office with:
I’m still very much focused on finishing up the art/assets for the game. There are a few more office items that need to be added, new servers, and an overhaul of the investment mini-game. After that point I’ll be switching gears back to adding more game content (such as more products/industries) and general game balance and polish. Marketing and getting the word out has also been on my mind a lot lately and it will start to take a centre stage over the coming months until Early Access release in February.