Quite a few changes have made it into the game over the last couple of weeks. I’m ever conscious of scope creep so all these changes have had solid reasons behind them: Continue reading
For no reason other than fun I thought I would gather a few metrics from the game
|Months in Development||6.07|
|Lines of Code||11483|
|Completed Trello Cards||91|
So what does it all mean? Absolutely nothing 🙂
Will have a more meaningful post next week…
Super late with this post but I still want to get the weekly updates going. Here is a short recap of what’s been cooking in the past week and a half:
A little while ago I wrote an answer to a unit testing related question here on reddit which seemed to resonate with many. One of the points I made there was that testing, more than anything else, improves code design. Now it’s all good and well stating theories like that but an example goes a long way to show how this process might unfold. Here is a situation I ran into a couple of days ago which I think is worth sharing.
If you have been following my thread of thoughts over the past few posts you know that I have been overhauling some of the core mechanics of the game. Finally I’m in a state that I can share the vision, though as you can see the art is still next to non-existent. Here is how it works:
So what does this strange image have to do with a game about starting a startup? Well tune in next week and find out! Continue reading
The new core mechanic I’m introducing in the game is well and truly reshaping it, and as such is not leaving much room for some of the previous systems. So here is what hasn’t made the cut thus far (yes, there may be more casualties): Continue reading
This is a bit of a vent. Or a rant. Either way you have been warned. Continue reading
The past week has been pretty hectic at work and so I haven’t made all that much progress with Startup Freak. I still want to keep up the weekly update though, so this will be a short one. This weeks I managed to:
- Added simple mouse scrolling, and a parellex effect to the background which doesn’t look to bad. I might consider adding 2 levels of background for added interest.
- Implemented a good chunk of “Move to a new office” functionality. I’m currently implementing a credit system, whereby any items you have previously purchased end up in the store as a credit, and you just need to select and place them.
- As part of the above two I did a bunch of refactoring and code cleanup.
I suspect updates are going be fairly light while I try to clean up the build and get it into a state I can send out to people for play testing